The Rushing River Shop's 1st Giveaway
We’ve received so much support from people and we wanted to give back a little. Click on the images for more details and to make them larger.
- Large Wire Wrapped Turquoise necklace
- Rainbow Wooden Bead adjustable chord necklace
- California Poppy pressed flower card
- Dried Jasmine, Dried Dandelions, Dried Sweetheart Rose petals
- Orange layered beaded bracelet
- Shells from Northern California beaches
- Pentagram adjustable chord necklace
- Infinity Ring
- Silver symbol ring
- Four elements adjustable chord bracelet
Rules and Qualification:
- Must be following me
- Reblog this post to enter the giveaway, that’s it.
- Likes do not count, though it’s fine to like this to bookmark the post.
- You can get 5 entries each for favoriting The Rushing River Shop on Etsy and/or liking our Facebook Page. Make sure to message me on tumblr telling me about it, so that I can give your url the entries.
- Each reblog counts as an entry but please be courteous — don’t spam reblog. This will disqualify you.
- Deleting or altering the text of this post will disqualify you.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter, as per tumblr guidlines.
- Your ask box must be open for me to contact you, if you win.
- You must be willing to give me a shipping address to send the prizes and unfortunately I am only able to ship to the United States.
- The winner must respond within 48 hours or another winner shall be chosen.
- This giveaway ends on Tuesday September 30th, 2014 at 8 pm PST.
- The winner will be chosen at random with random.org for fairness — I will keep very close track of the notes.
- I will pay for shipping expenses.
- It’s okay to reblog this post more than once, but like I said, please don’t spam.
- Do you like the jewelry featured? You can view more of my work at my shop.
- This giveaway is in no way affiliated with Tumblr
- If you could refrain from tagging this as giveaway it would be much apreciated
Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Good luck and good vibes XD
source | source | source
Black wolves do not occur naturally. A 2008 study at Stanford University found that the mutation responsible for black fur occurs only in dogs, so black wolves are the result of gray wolves breeding back with domestic canines. The mutation is a dominant trait, like dark hair in humans, and is passed down to the majority of offspring. It is not entirely clear what benefit black fur has for the animals; they do not seem to be more successful hunters, but do show a marked improvement in immunity to certain infections.
One day, I realized he might not exist. My soulmate, I mean.
I realized there might not be someone walking around this earth just waiting to meet me. Someone with a private world just as intricate as mine that, one day, I would get to share and be a part of and know.
And I realized I was keeping a vacant spot in my heart for this person who might not exist. That I wasn’t allowing myself to be whole because how could I be whole with my other half missing?
It was an excuse, of course. A simple view of life that would exempt me from having to put in the effort of filling myself up with the love I was waiting for someone else to supply.
The reality is this: Life is a churning, chaotic thing with no guarantees, and in the throws of the tumbling you might run into people to hold on to for a while. Sometimes for a night, sometimes for life.
And holding on to someone is a worthy thing. A wonderful thing. Something to look forward to and appreciate and embrace with your whole heart.
But the love you get from holding on to someone will never be as reliable as the love you can give yourself. Right here. Right now.
So here’s my advice. Be open to love, but don’t be empty for it.
Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple…